After having owned plenty of audio interfaces are by plenty of manufacturers, Focusrite is my favorite when it comes to quality and price. I have been using this particular Focusrite interface for about three years now. I love it. If you're in the need for an audio interface with plenty of ins and outs the 18i20 could be right for you.
Second generation 18 in / 8 out USB 2.0 Audio interface with four Scarlett Mic preamps, 24bit/192kHz, eight ADAT inputs, four line inputs, two main monitor outputs and two headphone outputs. Recording software included. Mac /PC compatible.
- Eight natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain, exceptional headroom, low noise, and minimal distortion; two newly-designed instrument inputs, with increased headroom
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit; super-low latency for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP (measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer)
- 10 1/4-inch balanced jack outputs, including a dedicated stereo pair with anti-thump circuitry; two discrete headphones output with dedicated gain controls; MIDI I/O; S/PDIF in and out; ADAT I/O (expand up to eight additional inputs and outputs)
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite's Red Plug-in Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, and monthly Focusrite Plug-In Collective offers, all available via download
- Focusrite iOS Control now available - download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
- Monthly software plug-in offers from Focusrite's Plug-In Collective via download upon registration; choice of one free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument via download upon purchase and registration; 2-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects
Release Date: 2016-06-01
Warranty: 2 years
Details: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 is the perfect rack-mountable centerpiece to your studio. With a total of 18 inputs and 20 outputs, record anything from a drum kit to multiple instruments, vocals, synths and keyboards on your computer. Eight natural-sounding combination input Scarlett mic preamps, roundtrip latency of 2.74ms* and class-leading sound quality and digital conversion are complemented by a host of additional inputs and outputs. An ADAT input allows you to expand your analogue inputs for larger recording sessions.
Focusrite is the perfect partner for Pro Tools. To that end, Focusrite and Avid will continue to work together to ensure all Scarlett interfaces are thoroughly tested with the latest version of Pro Tools. Scarlett 18i20 is also compatible with all other major DAWs, on Mac and PC. Download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes created with the Focusrite Control desktop app remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. *Roundtrip latency was measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer on Logic Pro X, running on a Mac Pro and OS 10.11
Best known as producer and chief sound designer for multi-platinum producer Timbaland, Sound Oracle's work has appeared on productions for the likes of Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown and Christina Aguilera.
One would define an Oracle as “a supplier of wisdom and insightful counsel”. However, when coupled with a personal quest to inspire the aspiring by adopting a system of authentic storytelling and originality there then lays the outline of the very existence of who the SoundOracle is.
Successfully mastering the skill to produce music was a dream sketched in the youthful imagination of Virginia native, SoundOracle. Yet, despite the shortage of music mentors and influencers within the DMV area, the producer and sound designer went on to prove that bringing reality to childhood aspirations is as simple as setting small challenges to test the confines of one’s own ability to overcome them. Wielding guts and gall from the sheer passion of all things production related, an introverted SoundOracle galvanized his motivation from the fear of dying in obscurity and set out on a mission to manipulate sound by incorporating the beauty from colorfully transient noise into the Aesthetic realm of music.
Developing as a self-taught student in music and digital culture, SoundOracle courageously took a leap of faith by relocating to Georgia in 2008 where he persistently trekked the Atlanta strip knocking on studio doors with the intent to be heard. After earning his first big break with the Polow Da Don, the Oracle, crossed paths with a fellow Virginia native and is now best known as Producer and Chief Sound Designer for Multi-Platinum Producer Timbaland. In building up his core skills by incrementally mastering hardware, DAWs, constructing and coding his own system of artificial intelligence, production kits, voice technology, & commands scripts, SoundOracle was able to springboard his passions off the premise of music.
With notable accomplishments of securing placements in over 20 Grammy nominated projects specific to Jay-Z’s Magna Carta LP and Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience, SoundOracle wasted no time in repurposing the digital landscape of music & traversing a global road of creativity and innovation with waves of originality. His work has been accentuated by the likes of Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Christina Aguilera and many other peak performing artists.
SoundOracle is an autodidact who deviated from a common baseline structure & evolved into a Librarian of Sound. With a vested interest in multiplying his purpose, The Oracle is visioned to instill the principles of production through mentorship and provide producers with incredible sounds and quality resources. Through his website SoundOracle.net and on multiple social platforms, SoundOracle proves he is everything but self-serving yet he is a staple in the community of music and a true hallmark in the field of technology.
JOIN MY UNQUANTIZED PODCAST COMMUNITY:
Don't miss out Unquantized Podcast Live & Interactive by @soundoracle + @triza starting at 4pm every Friday @IG !!!
● GET ARTICUL8
● GET BEEN TRAPPIN 2