Before the new trend of producer battles, there has always been the battle of the controllers. Not to be outdone by its competition, native instruments has announced two new upcoming products. Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol Mk2.
What's new in Maschine MK3:
- The most obvious change is the addition of two new higher resolution full-color LED screens for sample slicing, note editing, mixing and browsing.
- The pads are now larger and placed closer together similar to Beatmaker 3.
- It has a four-directional push encoder for browsing. And a touch strip for performing effects, pitch-bending and strumming notes.
- It includes a dedicated function buttons for pad mode, keyboard mode, step mode and chord mode.
- It comes with a built-in audio interface with line outputs and inputs, a first for the range. Giving you the ability to connect your monitor speakers without having to spend extra on a standalone unit a feature that even Ableton’s Push controller doesn’t have.
- Integrated hardware/software system includes sampler, arranger, mixer, FX, and more
- 8 GB MASCHINE library with samples, one-shots, sliced loops, sampled instruments, presets, patterns, drum kits, and songs
- Includes 25 GB KOMPLETE 11 SELECT library
- 25 pro-quality studio and creative FX including filter, EQ, delay, reverb, and compressor
- 2 high-resolution RGB color displays for precision sample slicing, sound tweaking, note editing, mixing, browsing, and more
- 16 large, ultra-sensitive pads make two-handed drumming easy
- Pro-grade, 96kHz / 24-bit audio interface with 2 x ¼” TRS line outputs, 2 x ¼” TRS line inputs, ¼” dynamic mic input, stereo headphone output, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI out, and 1 x Footswitch
- Touch sensitive knobs for parameter tweaking
- Smart Strip for strumming notes, pitch bending sounds, performing with FX, and more
- Four-directional push encoder for browsing, navigating, and adjusting levels and balance
- Powered via USB 2.0 or with the included power supply unit
- Seamless integration with KOMPLETE
- Classic groovebox features including 16 velocity levels, swing, pad link, note repeat, step sequencer, and vintage MPC 60/SP-1200 sampling emulation
- Compatible with all major DAWs (including Ableton Live, Logic Pro, and FL Studio) as a VST or Audio Units plug-in, with full multi-core support
What's new in Komplete MK2:
- Komplete Kontrol Mk2 comes with 17 additional function buttons.
- Two high-resolution color screens for browsing, previewing sounds, and more.
- Improved hardware and software integration for your mixing, navigating, and editing projects directly from the Kontrol MK2.
- The keyboards utilizes professional-grade Fatar keybeds. And the well-known Light Guide as seen in the first generation.
- The Kontrol MK2 keyboards feature new pitch and mod wheels, plus a horizontal touch strip for additional expression.
- Mk3 has been designed to work seamlessly with the new Komplete Mk2. The direction knob for scrolling across your tracks or up-and-down scenes and Ableton is a feature of the keyboard not maschine.
- Smart keyboard controller for all your virtual instruments
- Pro-grade Fatar keybeds with aftertouch – 49 or 61 semi-weighted keys
- Ergonomic pitch and mod wheels, plus touch strip for expression control
- Pre-mapped control of KOMPLETE instruments and hundreds of Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) instruments from leading manufacturers
- Full VSTi support
- Tag-based preset browsing: Find sounds quickly and hear instant previews
- Two high-res color screens for browsing, tweaking, mixing, and more
- Light Guide: RGB lights above each key highlight drum cells, key switches, chords, scales, and more
- Smart Play: See scales and modes on the Light Guide, play chord progressions and arpeggios with single keys, or map any scale to white keys only
- Deep integration with MASCHINE software / hardware
- Intuitive control over Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, and GarageBand. Cubase and Nuendo integration coming soon after initial release
- 4-directional push encoder for one-handed sound browsing and project navigation
- Two assignable pedal inputs
- MIDI in/out
- USB 2.0 bus powered
- Includes KOMPLETE 11 SELECT