Production Tip of the Week #4
Compressors are clutch when it comes to controlling the dynamics in your mix. Knowing what each parameter does can help your mixing process a lot! The ratio parameter is the amount of gain going in compared to the amount of gain coming out.
Let's say the ratio is set to 3:1. If 3dB of gain is going in, 1dB will come out. If 6 dB is going in, 2 dB will come out. This is also why there is a makeup gain control on compressors as well, so you can "makeup" for the gain reduction.
For More Tips and Resources...
- Tutorials: Tips and Tutorials
- Sample Packs: https://soundoracle.net/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/soundoracle/
- YouTube: Youtube/SoundOracle
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Soundoracle/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SoundOracle
- Podcast: https://bit.ly/2HEACz
- Check out my gear on Kit: https://kit.com/Sound_Oracle