In this week’s tutorial, we will explore a commonly used technique used in today’s Hip-Hop & Trap music on adlibs: sidechained reverb.
This effect has been used for decades; however, Travis Scott has made this technique a popular demand for engineers to execute. You have probably heard this effect on ad-libs such as “It’s Lit” & “Straight Up” in the background. These ad-libs sound drenched in reverb, but add a really cool spacious effect to the song. Chances are if you have mixed Trap music, you may have tried using this technique, but it ended up overcrowding the rest of the mix.
Have you ever wondered how engineers pull this technique off without creating a muddy sounding mix? If so, then this tutorial video is filled with the information you’ve been searching for!
Follow along as professional engineer Eric “Realistic” Michael gives you a step-by-step guide on executing the Trap adlib effect.
● If you’d like to know more about sidechaining
● If you’d like to know more about compressors
● Get More Great Tips + Updates - Subscribe
● Share this Production Tutorial Playlist
JOIN MY UNQUANTIZED PODCAST COMMUNITY:
Don't miss out Unquantized Podcast Live & Interactive by @soundoracle + @triza starting at 4pm every Friday @IG !!!
- Discover Been Trappin 3
- Discover Vocaine Glitched Vocal Loops
- Discover The Art of Transition
- Discover Sample Genesis
- Discover Xo2 R&B Melody Loops
- Discover No Games Official Kit (Ayo & Keyz x Unquantized)
ERIC MICHAEL - REALISTIC PRODUCTIONS (Engineer)
Realistic is a Music Producer and Engineer located in the Twin Cities. He started out playing guitar and piano in 2003 and has been producing and recording music since 2004. He produces Hip-Hop, R&B, Pop, & Dance music.
CONNECT WITH ERIC:
- Mixing In Mono: The Classic Trick That Could Save Your Mix
- Brass Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- String Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- Electric Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Acoustic Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Synth Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Piano: How To EQ The Perfect Piano
- Hi-Hat: How To EQ The Perfect Hi-Hat
- 808s: How To EQ The Perfect 808
- Snare Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Snare
- Kick Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Kick
- EQ Or Compression First?: Learn Why You May Have Been This Wrong
- Phase Cancellation: Learn How To Eliminate The Silent Killer
- The Best Plugins For Stereo Widening
- How To Create Modern Melodies & Lead Lines
- How To Build Modern Chord Progressions
- How To Layer Drums Like A Pro
- Mastering: How To Use A De-Esser On The Master Channel
- Multiband Saturation: How To Bring Your Bass To Life
- Side-Chaining: A Step By Step Tutorial
- How To Beef Up Your Kick Drum Using A Signal Generator
- How To Make Your Mixes Wider Using Mid/Side Compression
- How To Synthesize Your Voice: Travis Scott Vocal Effect
- How To Mix A Kick With An 808
- How To Get Rid Of Vocal Resonance
- How To Use Parallel Compression
- How To Improve Your Recording Process
- Compressors: A Simplified Guide To How They Work
- Mastering: A Step-By-Step Tutorial
- How To Get Your Drums To Sound 10x Better Using Parallel Distortion
- Analog Gear VS Digital Plugins: What’s the Real Difference?
- Gear & Signal Processing
Amazing tutorial, please can a tutorial be done on vocal harmonies and vocoding in rap music?
Amazing tutorial, please can a tutorial be done on harmonies and vocoding in rap and hip hop?