This week’s tutorial is another exciting installment in our “Fundamental Series.” The fundamental frequencies of lead vocals. understanding these fundamental frequencies can be a key factor in bettering your engineer skills.
Lead vocals play such an important role in modern music. Especially mainstream pop, Hip-Hop, Trap, & R&B music. A magical vocal can change any song in to something special & worth listening to. Recording high quality vocals have become much more attainable in recent years with the driving force of advanced technology, but did you know there are certain frequencies you should consider boosting & cutting with an EQ?
In this video, we discuss a detailed analysis of the fundamental frequencies of vocals with a strong emphasis on today’s mainstream sound.
- We breakdown both male & female vocals.
- We discuss singing & rapping vocals as well.
- We will talk about & demonstrate what specific boosted frequencies will help vocals sparkle.
- And cut through like a diamond in the mix as well as what frequencies you should consider cutting to avoid muddiness & eliminate harsh resonance.
As with any aspect of music, the type of vocal & song vary with frequencies; however, these key elements will point you in the right direction of professional sounding vocals.
Your listeners & fans will enjoy the polished sparkle these techniques bring to your vocals without sounding muddy or thin.
Follow along as professional engineer Eric “Realistic” Michael gives you a step-by-step guide on choosing the right frequencies to boost & cut for vocals.
Get More Great Tips + Updates - Subscribe
Share this Production Tutorial Playlist
JOIN MY UNQUANTIZED PODCAST COMMUNITY:
Don't miss out Unquantized Podcast Live & Interactive by @soundoracle + @triza starting at 4pm every Friday @IG !!!
AWESOME SAMPLE PACKS:
Discover Vocaine Glitched Vocal Loops
Discover The Art of Transition
Discover No Games Official Kit (Ayo & Keyz x Unquantized)
REALISTIC PRODUCTIONS (Engineer)
Realistic is a Music Producer and Engineer located in the Twin Cities. He has been producing music for Hip-Hop & Pop music since 2004. In 2017 he graduated with an AAS in Music Production & Engineering.
CONNECT WITH ERIC:
- Preparing Stems Tutorial: How To Properly Prepare Files For Mixing
- Synth Pads Tutorials: Tips To Mix Pads Into Any Song
- Trap Adlib Effect: Side Chain Reverb
- Mixing In Mono: The Classic Trick That Could Save Your Mix
- Brass Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- String Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- Electric Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Acoustic Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Synth Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Piano: How To EQ The Perfect Piano
- Hi-Hat: How To EQ The Perfect Hi-Hat
- 808s: How To EQ The Perfect 808
- Snare Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Snare
- Kick Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Kick
- EQ Or Compression First?: Learn Why You May Have Been This Wrong
- Phase Cancellation: Learn How To Eliminate The Silent Killer
- The Best Plugins For Stereo Widening
- How To Create Modern Melodies & Lead Lines
- How To Build Modern Chord Progressions
- How To Layer Drums Like A Pro
- Mastering: How To Use A De-Esser On The Master Channel
- Multiband Saturation: How To Bring Your Bass To Life
- Side-Chaining: A Step By Step Tutorial
- How To Beef Up Your Kick Drum Using A Signal Generator
- How To Make Your Mixes Wider Using Mid/Side Compression
- How To Synthesize Your Voice: Travis Scott Vocal Effect
- How To Mix A Kick With An 808
- How To Get Rid Of Vocal Resonance
- How To Use Parallel Compression
- How To Improve Your Recording Process
- Compressors: A Simplified Guide To How They Work
- Mastering: A Step-By-Step Tutorial
- How To Get Your Drums To Sound 10x Better Using Parallel Distortion
- Analog Gear VS Digital Plugins: What’s the Real Difference?
- Gear & Signal Processing