This week’s tutorial is a breakdown of Auto-Tune. In this video, we will discuss the parameters & features of this world-famous pitch correction software.
- 0:00 - Introduction
- 1:08 - What is Auto-Tune?
- 1:44 - Input Type
- 3:03 - Tracking: Relaxed vs. Choosy
- 3:33 - Keys & Scales
- 8:33 - Retune Speed
- 10:52 - Humanize
- 13:03 - Flex-Tune
- 15:25 - Natural Vibrato
- 17:58 - Targeting Ignores Vibrato
- 19:35 - Target Notes Via MIDI
- 22:19 - Auto-Tune EFX
- 24:00 - Outro
Auto-Tune has become one of the most used & sought after sounds in music. Many artists like Swae Lee, Drake, Kanye West, Future, Travis Scott, Rihanna, T-Pain & countless other stars use Auto-Tune as a go to effect & when used properly, it can be used as so much more than a simple cheat-code for off pitched notes. This renowned software has dominated the airwaves for the past two decades & it’s important for today’s engineers & producers to understand how this plugin works.
In this video, we discuss & answer questions like, “What is retune speed?” “What does humanize mean?” “What should the key be set at & how do I detect the key?” “What should my input type be?” We discuss each of these topics & much more in this detailed explanation of how Auto-Tune works.
Follow along as professional engineer Eric “Realistic” Michael gives his step-by-step guide to using Auto-Tune.
JOIN MY UNQUANTIZED PODCAST COMMUNITY:
Don't miss out Unquantized Podcast Live & Interactive by @soundoracle + @triza starting at 4pm every Friday @IG !!!
AWESOME SAMPLE PACKS:
REALISTIC PRODUCTIONS (Engineer)
Realistic is a music producer and engineer located in the Twin Cities. He has been producing music for Hip-Hop & Pop music since 2004. In 2017 he graduated with an AAS in Music Production & Engineering. He is a producer for Pharaoh & Alexis Krystine. Realistic is SoundOracle’s head engineer in which he mixes/masters the loop & drum kits for SoundOracle.net & mixes for the websites mixing service as well.
Black Friday Mixing & Mastering Sale
All Mixing & Mastering 20% SALE
Are you in need of professional mixing & mastering? This is the perfect time to get your songs,instrumentals, & beats mixed & mastered with high quality analog gear & top-notch plugins at a reduced rate!
Between November 19th-November 26th all of the mixing & mastering services are 20% off!
Don’t forget about our mastering sale going on during the entire month of November too: buy
one, get one half off. During the Black Friday sale you can double up on savings & take an
extra 20% off on top of the November mastering sale!
Black Friday Sale, It's Almost Time (Nov 21 -27)
Up To 50% Off All Kits + Free Black Friday Sample Pack
Hey what’s up?
I just wanted to let you know that it's almost that time! This year Soundoracle.net is doing 6 Days off Black Friday prices! All kits will be up to 50% off.
If you purchase any sound library from SoundOracle.net from November 21 until November 27 you will get a FREE Black Friday Sample Pack as a token of our appreciation (the download link to the kit will be in your purchase receipt).
- Top 5 Best EQ Plugins In The World Today
- Drum Bus Techniques: Tips For Amazing Drums
- Top 5 Compressors
- Mid/Side EQ: One Of The Best EQ Tricks
- Top 5 Saturation Plugins For 808s
- Normalizing Tutorial: Normalization Explained
- Tutorial: How To Properly EQ The Modern Voice (The Sound of Mainstream Vocals)
- Preparing Stems Tutorial: How To Properly Prepare Files For Mixing
- Synth Pads Tutorials: Tips To Mix Pads Into Any Song
- Trap Adlib Effect: Side Chain Reverb
- Mixing In Mono: The Classic Trick That Could Save Your Mix
- Brass Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- String Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- Electric Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Acoustic Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Synth Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Piano: How To EQ The Perfect Piano
- Hi-Hat: How To EQ The Perfect Hi-Hat
- 808s: How To EQ The Perfect 808
- Snare Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Snare
- Kick Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Kick
- EQ Or Compression First?: Learn Why You May Have Been This Wrong
- Phase Cancellation: Learn How To Eliminate The Silent Killer
- The Best Plugins For Stereo Widening
- How To Create Modern Melodies & Lead Lines
- How To Build Modern Chord Progressions
- How To Layer Drums Like A Pro
- Mastering: How To Use A De-Esser On The Master Channel
- Multiband Saturation: How To Bring Your Bass To Life
- Side-Chaining: A Step By Step Tutorial
- How To Beef Up Your Kick Drum Using A Signal Generator
- How To Make Your Mixes Wider Using Mid/Side Compression
- How To Synthesize Your Voice: Travis Scott Vocal Effect
- How To Mix A Kick With An 808
- How To Get Rid Of Vocal Resonance
- How To Use Parallel Compression
- How To Improve Your Recording Process
- Compressors: A Simplified Guide To How They Work
- Mastering: A Step-By-Step Tutorial
- How To Get Your Drums To Sound 10x Better Using Parallel Distortion
- Analog Gear VS Digital Plugins: What’s the Real Difference?
- Gear & Signal Processing
SoundOracle & Realistic Productions Collaboration
🔥NEW🔥 Finally, 808s that won't disappear on phone and laptop speakers! 🔊😈🔊😈🔊 #808Formula2
✅ 808 One-Shots ✅ 808 Audio Loops ✅ 808 Midi Loops
Created by: @soundoracle x @realisticproductions
The majority of today’s music is heard for the first time on either a phone, laptop speakers, or earbuds It can be frustrating as hell to have a dope track with the perfect 808 but it disappears when you’re music is played on smaller speakers.
That is why we created the 808 Formula 2. Laptop speakers, phone speakers, whatever. Your bass will be heard