This week’s tutorial is a step-by-step guide to parameter found on reverbs called pre-delay.
Reverb is an incredible tool for creating depth & space, but if it’s used incorrectly it can create muddiness & a crowded mix. Luckily there are parameters that can not only fix this issue, but help create a spacious & dreamy sounding reverb.
Pre-delay is the gap of time between the direct sound & the decay of the sound. When used properly this tool can help create the perfect amount of space between your audio source & the reverb. We will be using some math in this video, so get your calculators ready & be prepared to become an expert at pre-delay!
Follow along as professional engineer Eric “Realistic” Michael breaks down his techniques to executing the perfect pre-delay.
JOIN MY UNQUANTIZED PODCAST COMMUNITY:
Don't miss out Unquantized Podcast Live & Interactive by @soundoracle + @triza starting at 4pm every Friday @IG !!!
AWESOME SAMPLE PACKS:
REALISTIC PRODUCTIONS (Engineer)
Realistic is a music producer and engineer located in the Twin Cities. He has been producing music for Hip-Hop & Pop music since 2004. In 2017 he graduated with an AAS in Music Production & Engineering. He is a producer for Pharaoh & Alexis Krystine. Realistic is SoundOracle’s head engineer in which he mixes/masters the loop & drum kits for SoundOracle.net & mixes for the websites mixing service as well.
- Waves Plugins Giving You White Noise? This Tip Prevents It
- Use The Trick To Widen Your Pads
- Review - FabFilter PRO-Q3 EQ Plugin
- Top 5 Best EQ Plugins In The World Today
- Drum Bus Techniques: Tips For Amazing Drums
- Top 5 Compressors
- Mid/Side EQ: One Of The Best EQ Tricks
- Top 5 Saturation Plugins For 808s
- Normalizing Tutorial: Normalization Explained
- Tutorial: How To Properly EQ The Modern Voice (The Sound of Mainstream Vocals)
- Preparing Stems Tutorial: How To Properly Prepare Files For Mixing
- Synth Pads Tutorials: Tips To Mix Pads Into Any Song
- Trap Adlib Effect: Side Chain Reverb
- Mixing In Mono: The Classic Trick That Could Save Your Mix
- Brass Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- String Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- Electric Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Acoustic Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Synth Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Piano: How To EQ The Perfect Piano
- Hi-Hat: How To EQ The Perfect Hi-Hat
- 808s: How To EQ The Perfect 808
- Snare Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Snare
- Kick Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Kick
- EQ Or Compression First?: Learn Why You May Have Been This Wrong
- Phase Cancellation: Learn How To Eliminate The Silent Killer
- The Best Plugins For Stereo Widening
- How To Create Modern Melodies & Lead Lines
- How To Build Modern Chord Progressions
- How To Layer Drums Like A Pro
- Mastering: How To Use A De-Esser On The Master Channel
- Multiband Saturation: How To Bring Your Bass To Life
- Side-Chaining: A Step By Step Tutorial
- How To Beef Up Your Kick Drum Using A Signal Generator
- How To Make Your Mixes Wider Using Mid/Side Compression
- How To Synthesize Your Voice: Travis Scott Vocal Effect
- How To Mix A Kick With An 808
- How To Get Rid Of Vocal Resonance
- How To Use Parallel Compression
- How To Improve Your Recording Process
- Compressors: A Simplified Guide To How They Work
- Mastering: A Step-By-Step Tutorial
- How To Get Your Drums To Sound 10x Better Using Parallel Distortion
- Analog Gear VS Digital Plugins: What’s the Real Difference?
- Gear & Signal Processing
SoundOracle & Realistic Productions Collaboration
🔥NEW🔥 Finally, 808s that won't disappear on phone and laptop speakers! 🔊😈🔊😈🔊 #808Formula2
✅ 808 One-Shots ✅ 808 Audio Loops ✅ 808 Midi Loops
Created by: @soundoracle x @realisticproductions
The majority of today’s music is heard for the first time on either a phone, laptop speakers, or earbuds It can be frustrating as hell to have a dope track with the perfect 808 but it disappears when you’re music is played on smaller speakers.
That is why we created the 808 Formula 2. Laptop speakers, phone speakers, whatever. Your bass will be heard