This week’s tutorial is a breakdown of the best plugin compressors on the market.
Compressors are used in just about every mix & are an important tool for controlling dynamics in any song. Today’s market is filled with an endless number of available compressors & it can become overwhelming trying to choose the right one. Stacking up plugins can become expensive too, especially if you’re not sure if a certain compressor will be worth the money.
In this video, Realistic breaks down his top five plugin compressors. He talks about why he likes them & breaks down the tools of these plugins that allow for great sounding results & maximum usage. He briefly gives an overview of each plugin, so if there are any plugins in this video you would like to know more about, feel free to mention it in the comment section below & we will do a full video on that plugin.
Follow along as professional engineer Eric “Realistic” Michael breaks down his top five plugin compressors.
JOIN MY UNQUANTIZED PODCAST COMMUNITY:
Don't miss out Unquantized Podcast Live & Interactive by @soundoracle + @triza starting at 4pm every Friday @IG !!!
AWESOME SAMPLE PACKS:
REALISTIC PRODUCTIONS (Engineer)
Realistic is a music producer and engineer located in the Twin Cities. He has been producing music for Hip-Hop & Pop music since 2004. In 2017 he graduated with an AAS in Music Production & Engineering. He is a producer for Pharaoh & Alexis Krystine. Realistic is SoundOracle’s head engineer in which he mixes/masters the loop & drum kits for SoundOracle.net & mixes for the websites mixing service as well.
- Mid/Side EQ: One Of The Best EQ Tricks
- Top 5 Saturation Plugins For 808s
- Normalizing Tutorial: Normalization Explained
- Tutorial: How To Properly EQ The Modern Voice (The Sound of Mainstream Vocals)
- Preparing Stems Tutorial: How To Properly Prepare Files For Mixing
- Synth Pads Tutorials: Tips To Mix Pads Into Any Song
- Trap Adlib Effect: Side Chain Reverb
- Mixing In Mono: The Classic Trick That Could Save Your Mix
- Brass Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- String Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- Electric Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Acoustic Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Synth Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Piano: How To EQ The Perfect Piano
- Hi-Hat: How To EQ The Perfect Hi-Hat
- 808s: How To EQ The Perfect 808
- Snare Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Snare
- Kick Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Kick
- EQ Or Compression First?: Learn Why You May Have Been This Wrong
- Phase Cancellation: Learn How To Eliminate The Silent Killer
- The Best Plugins For Stereo Widening
- How To Create Modern Melodies & Lead Lines
- How To Build Modern Chord Progressions
- How To Layer Drums Like A Pro
- Mastering: How To Use A De-Esser On The Master Channel
- Multiband Saturation: How To Bring Your Bass To Life
- Side-Chaining: A Step By Step Tutorial
- How To Beef Up Your Kick Drum Using A Signal Generator
- How To Make Your Mixes Wider Using Mid/Side Compression
- How To Synthesize Your Voice: Travis Scott Vocal Effect
- How To Mix A Kick With An 808
- How To Get Rid Of Vocal Resonance
- How To Use Parallel Compression
- How To Improve Your Recording Process
- Compressors: A Simplified Guide To How They Work
- Mastering: A Step-By-Step Tutorial
- How To Get Your Drums To Sound 10x Better Using Parallel Distortion
- Analog Gear VS Digital Plugins: What’s the Real Difference?
- Gear & Signal Processing