This week’s tutorial is a breakdown of the best saturation plugins for 808s.
808s have become a standard in several genres of music. The right 808 can be the driving force of a song or act as the perfect balance for movement in the low end. Some 808s have incredible low end, but lack the upper harmonics that can cut through smartphone, laptop, & bluetooth speakers.
Adding saturation & distortion to your 808s is an excellent tool to add those upper harmonics to your 808s so they can be heard across all different types of speaker systems. Saturation & distortion is also a great way to add extra excitement & make an 808 your own unique sound that can stand out from other 808s.
In this video, Realistic breaks down his top five saturation plugins for 808s.
- He talks about why he likes them on 808s & breaks down the tools of these plugins that allow for a incredible sounding 808.
- He briefly gives an overview of each plugin, so if there are any plugins in this video you would like to know more about, feel free to mention it in the comment section below & we will do a full video on that plugin.
Follow along as professional engineer Eric “Realistic” Michael breaks down his top five saturation plugins for 808s.
November Mastering Sale!
BUY ONE GET ONE OFF
WHEN YOU PURCHASE TWO OR MORE
During the entire month of November, we are offering “buy one, get one half off” on the
mastering service when you purchase two or more songs to be mastered.
Mastering service must be used during the month of November for both songs.
- Purchase 2-3 songs, get one half off.
- Purchase 4-5 songs, get two half off.
- Purchase 6-7 songs, get three half off.
And so on!
JOIN MY UNQUANTIZED PODCAST COMMUNITY:
Don't miss out Unquantized Podcast Live & Interactive by @soundoracle + @triza starting at 4pm every Friday @IG !!!
AWESOME SAMPLE PACKS:
🔥NEW🔥 Finally, 808s that won't disappear on phone and laptop speakers! 🔊😈🔊😈🔊 #808Formula2
✅ 808 One-Shots ✅ 808 Audio Loops ✅ 808 Midi Loops
Created by: @soundoracle x @realisticproductions
The majority of today’s music is heard for the first time on either a phone, laptop speakers, or earbuds It can be frustrating as hell to have a dope track with the perfect 808 but it disappears when you’re music is played on smaller speakers.
That is why we created the 808 Formula 2. Laptop speakers, phone speakers, whatever. Your bass will be heard
REALISTIC PRODUCTIONS (Engineer)
Realistic is a Music Producer and Engineer located in the Twin Cities. He has been producing music for Hip-Hop & Pop music since 2004. In 2017 he graduated with an AAS in Music Production & Engineering.
- Normalizing Tutorial: Normalization Explained
- Tutorial: How To Properly EQ The Modern Voice (The Sound of Mainstream Vocals)
- Preparing Stems Tutorial: How To Properly Prepare Files For Mixing
- Synth Pads Tutorials: Tips To Mix Pads Into Any Song
- Trap Adlib Effect: Side Chain Reverb
- Mixing In Mono: The Classic Trick That Could Save Your Mix
- Brass Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- String Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- Electric Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Acoustic Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Synth Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Piano: How To EQ The Perfect Piano
- Hi-Hat: How To EQ The Perfect Hi-Hat
- 808s: How To EQ The Perfect 808
- Snare Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Snare
- Kick Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Kick
- EQ Or Compression First?: Learn Why You May Have Been This Wrong
- Phase Cancellation: Learn How To Eliminate The Silent Killer
- The Best Plugins For Stereo Widening
- How To Create Modern Melodies & Lead Lines
- How To Build Modern Chord Progressions
- How To Layer Drums Like A Pro
- Mastering: How To Use A De-Esser On The Master Channel
- Multiband Saturation: How To Bring Your Bass To Life
- Side-Chaining: A Step By Step Tutorial
- How To Beef Up Your Kick Drum Using A Signal Generator
- How To Make Your Mixes Wider Using Mid/Side Compression
- How To Synthesize Your Voice: Travis Scott Vocal Effect
- How To Mix A Kick With An 808
- How To Get Rid Of Vocal Resonance
- How To Use Parallel Compression
- How To Improve Your Recording Process
- Compressors: A Simplified Guide To How They Work
- Mastering: A Step-By-Step Tutorial
- How To Get Your Drums To Sound 10x Better Using Parallel Distortion
- Analog Gear VS Digital Plugins: What’s the Real Difference?
- Gear & Signal Processing