This week’s tutorial breaks down three reasons mixes struggle & come out sounding less than professional.
There are lots of common mistakes that are made when mixing & mastering and a lot of it comes from simply not knowing what’s being done incorrectly or how to avoid those issues.
Things, like overcompensating the bass, using EQ or compressors incorrectly, & blasting the volume of your channels, are all things that bring big problems to your mix.
In this video, we talk about common mistakes, why they are incorrect, how to correct them, & what’s the correct way to do them.
Follow along as professional engineer Realistic gives you 3 reasons why your mix sucks. These quick fixes will have your mixes sounding professional in no time!
JOIN MY UNQUANTIZED PODCAST COMMUNITY
Don't miss out Unquantized Podcast Live & Interactive by @soundoracle + @triza starting at 4 pm every Friday @IG !!!
EXPLORE OUR SAMPLE KITS
REALISTIC PRODUCTIONS (Engineer)
- AutoTune: Retune Speed Explained
- 3 Tips For 808 Slides
- How To Tune Your Drum Samples
- 3 Common Mistakes With Bus Compressors
- How To Prepare Your Songs For Mastering
- This Quick Tip Excites Your Drums
- Top 5 Plugins For Mastering
- Pre-Delay Explained
- Waves Plugins Giving You White Noise? This Tip Prevents It.
- Use The Trick To Widen Your Pads
- Review: FabFilter PRO-Q3 EQ Plugin
- Top 5 Best EQ Plugins In The World Today
- Drum Bus Techniques: Tips For Amazing Drums
- Top 5 Compressors
- Mid/Side EQ: One Of The Best EQ Tricks
- Top 5 Saturation Plugins For 808s
- Normalizing Tutorial: Normalization Explained
- Tutorial: How To Properly EQ The Modern Voice (The Sound of Mainstream Vocals)
- Preparing Stems Tutorial: How To Properly Prepare Files For Mixing
- Synth Pads Tutorials: Tips To Mix Pads Into Any Song
- Trap Adlib Effect: Side Chain Reverb
- Mixing In Mono: The Classic Trick That Could Save Your Mix
- Brass Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- String Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- Electric Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Acoustic Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Synth Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Piano: How To EQ The Perfect Piano
- Hi-Hat: How To EQ The Perfect Hi-Hat
- 808s: How To EQ The Perfect 808
- Snare Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Snare
- Kick Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Kick
- EQ Or Compression First?: Learn Why You May Have Been This Wrong
- Phase Cancellation: Learn How To Eliminate The Silent Killer
- The Best Plugins For Stereo Widening
- How To Create Modern Melodies & Lead Lines
- How To Build Modern Chord Progressions
- How To Layer Drums Like A Pro
- Mastering: How To Use A De-Esser On The Master Channel
- Multiband Saturation: How To Bring Your Bass To Life
- Side-Chaining: A Step By Step Tutorial
- How To Beef Up Your Kick Drum Using A Signal Generator
- How To Make Your Mixes Wider Using Mid/Side Compression
- How To Synthesize Your Voice: Travis Scott Vocal Effect
- How To Mix A Kick With An 808
- How To Get Rid Of Vocal Resonance
- How To Use Parallel Compression
- How To Improve Your Recording Process
- Compressors: A Simplified Guide To How They Work
- Mastering: A Step-By-Step Tutorial
- How To Get Your Drums To Sound 10x Better Using Parallel Distortion
- Analog Gear VS Digital Plugins: What’s the Real Difference?
- Articul8 Vocal Loops - Gear and Signal Processing Overview