This week’s tutorial breaks down three reasons mixes struggle & come out sounding less than professional.
This week’s tutorial is a discussion of how to make your reverb sound awesome & we give our top 3 tips to do so!
Reverb is used on so many tracks. It’s a go-to for lead vocals, background vocals, strings, guitars, & lots of other instruments.
This time-based tool is great for creating space, depth, & lush backgrounds.
Reverb can be a tricky beast though because they can also cause a lot of muddiness & fight with a lot of other frequencies in the mix.
In this video, we talk about ways to avoid this muddiness, what’s the best way to apply reverb, & how to sync your reverb to the BPM of your song.
Follow along as professional engineer Realistic gives you 3 tips to make your reverb sound awesome!
JOIN MY UNQUANTIZED PODCAST COMMUNITY
Don't miss out Unquantized Podcast Live & Interactive by @soundoracle + @triza starting at 4 pm every Friday @IG !!!
EXPLORE OUR SAMPLE PACKS
REALISTIC PRODUCTIONS (Engineer)
- 3 Reasons Why Your Mix Sucks
- AutoTune: Retune Speed Explained
- 3 Tips For 808 Slides
- How To Tune Your Drum Samples
- 3 Common Mistakes With Bus Compressors
- How To Prepare Your Songs For Mastering
- This Quick Tip Excites Your Drums
- Top 5 Plugins For Mastering
- Pre-Delay Explained
- Waves Plugins Giving You White Noise? This Tip Prevents It.
- Use The Trick To Widen Your Pads
- Review: FabFilter PRO-Q3 EQ Plugin
- Top 5 Best EQ Plugins In The World Today
- Drum Bus Techniques: Tips For Amazing Drums
- Top 5 Compressors
- Mid/Side EQ: One Of The Best EQ Tricks
- Top 5 Saturation Plugins For 808s
- Normalizing Tutorial: Normalization Explained
- Tutorial: How To Properly EQ The Modern Voice (The Sound of Mainstream Vocals)
- Preparing Stems Tutorial: How To Properly Prepare Files For Mixing
- Synth Pads Tutorials: Tips To Mix Pads Into Any Song
- Trap Adlib Effect: Side Chain Reverb
- Mixing In Mono: The Classic Trick That Could Save Your Mix
- Brass Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- String Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- Electric Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Acoustic Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Synth Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Piano: How To EQ The Perfect Piano
- Hi-Hat: How To EQ The Perfect Hi-Hat
- 808s: How To EQ The Perfect 808
- Snare Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Snare
- Kick Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Kick
- EQ Or Compression First?: Learn Why You May Have Been This Wrong
- Phase Cancellation: Learn How To Eliminate The Silent Killer
- The Best Plugins For Stereo Widening
- How To Create Modern Melodies & Lead Lines
- How To Build Modern Chord Progressions
- How To Layer Drums Like A Pro
- Mastering: How To Use A De-Esser On The Master Channel
- Multiband Saturation: How To Bring Your Bass To Life
- Side-Chaining: A Step By Step Tutorial
- How To Beef Up Your Kick Drum Using A Signal Generator
- How To Make Your Mixes Wider Using Mid/Side Compression
- How To Synthesize Your Voice: Travis Scott Vocal Effect
- How To Mix A Kick With An 808
- How To Get Rid Of Vocal Resonance
- How To Use Parallel Compression
- How To Improve Your Recording Process
- Compressors: A Simplified Guide To How They Work
- Mastering: A Step-By-Step Tutorial
- How To Get Your Drums To Sound 10x Better Using Parallel Distortion
- Analog Gear VS Digital Plugins: What’s the Real Difference?
- Articul8 Vocal Loops - Gear and Signal Processing Overview