This week’s tutorial is a step-by-step guide to tuning your drum samples.
Drums are typically the driving force for rhythm & impact in a lot of current music. Most producers & beat makers understand the importance of choosing the right samples, programming the best patterns, & sequencing the sections.
It’s a lot of things to take into account, but there is one more missing piece to bringing your drums to where they need to be in a song & that’s tuning them to the key of the song.
Tuned drums that are in the key of your song just sound & feel better. They can help the overall feel of the song feel more gelled together. Bringing them to a much more cohesive sound.
In this video, we show you an easy method for tuning your drums to the key of your song. We demonstrate what you will need and the process you should take in tuning your drum samples.
Follow along as professional engineer Realistic breaks down his method to tuning drums.
JOIN MY UNQUANTIZED PODCAST COMMUNITY:
Don't miss out Unquantized Podcast Live & Interactive by @soundoracle + @triza starting at 4 pm every Friday @IG !!!
EXPLORE OUR SAMPLE KITS
REALISTIC PRODUCTIONS (Engineer)
Realistic is a music producer and engineer located in the Twin Cities. He has been producing music for Hip-Hop & Pop music since 2004. In 2017 he graduated with an AAS in Music Production & Engineering. He is a producer for Pharaoh & Alexis Krystine. Realistic is SoundOracle’s head engineer in which he mixes/masters the loop & drum kits for SoundOracle.net & mixes for the websites mixing service as well.
- 3 Common Mistakes With Bus Compressors
- How To Prepare Your Songs For Mastering
- This Quick Tip Excites Your Drums
- Top 5 Plugins For Mastering
- Pre-Delay Explained
- Waves Plugins Giving You White Noise? This Tip Prevents It.
- Use The Trick To Widen Your Pads
- Review: FabFilter PRO-Q3 EQ Plugin
- Top 5 Best EQ Plugins In The World Today
- Drum Bus Techniques: Tips For Amazing Drums
- Top 5 Compressors
- Mid/Side EQ: One Of The Best EQ Tricks
- Top 5 Saturation Plugins For 808s
- Normalizing Tutorial: Normalization Explained
- Tutorial: How To Properly EQ The Modern Voice (The Sound of Mainstream Vocals)
- Preparing Stems Tutorial: How To Properly Prepare Files For Mixing
- Synth Pads Tutorials: Tips To Mix Pads Into Any Song
- Trap Adlib Effect: Side Chain Reverb
- Mixing In Mono: The Classic Trick That Could Save Your Mix
- Brass Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- String Instruments: What To Boost & Cut
- Electric Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Acoustic Guitar: What To Boost & Cut
- Synth Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Bass: What To Boost & Cut
- Piano: How To EQ The Perfect Piano
- Hi-Hat: How To EQ The Perfect Hi-Hat
- 808s: How To EQ The Perfect 808
- Snare Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Snare
- Kick Drum: How To EQ The Perfect Kick
- EQ Or Compression First?: Learn Why You May Have Been This Wrong
- Phase Cancellation: Learn How To Eliminate The Silent Killer
- The Best Plugins For Stereo Widening
- How To Create Modern Melodies & Lead Lines
- How To Build Modern Chord Progressions
- How To Layer Drums Like A Pro
- Mastering: How To Use A De-Esser On The Master Channel
- Multiband Saturation: How To Bring Your Bass To Life
- Side-Chaining: A Step By Step Tutorial
- How To Beef Up Your Kick Drum Using A Signal Generator
- How To Make Your Mixes Wider Using Mid/Side Compression
- How To Synthesize Your Voice: Travis Scott Vocal Effect
- How To Mix A Kick With An 808
- How To Get Rid Of Vocal Resonance
- How To Use Parallel Compression
- How To Improve Your Recording Process
- Compressors: A Simplified Guide To How They Work
- Mastering: A Step-By-Step Tutorial
- How To Get Your Drums To Sound 10x Better Using Parallel Distortion
- Analog Gear VS Digital Plugins: What’s the Real Difference?
- Articul8 Vocal Loops - Gear and Signal Processing Overview